We are passionate about what we do, but Ofsted recognises teh need for development in outdoor learning in schools:
· Further develop the school's own environmental area as a resource for outdoor learning
· A variety of experiences, including outdoor learning, widens pupils' experiences and engages their interest.
· Improve the provision for outdoor learning in the early years to further develop children's physical development
· Build on the very good use of funding for sport and physical education to extend opportunities for outdoor learning and adventure in all seasons
· Promote words and numbers in the outdoor learning area
· Improve the outdoor learning experiences for children so that they have as many opportunities as possible to practise and develop their language and number skills and accelerate their learning.
· Make better use of the extensive school grounds to develop outdoor learning for all
· Evaluate the specific needs to develop outdoor learning across all areas devising and implementing plans so that the quality of the outdoor learning environment matches that found within classrooms
· Improve the outdoor learning environment in Reception by providing better levels of equipment that stimulate children's imagination and better promote the development of their literacy and numeracy skills.
· Review what is currently provided in the outdoor learning environment and add to it where necessary to ensure it is as good as what is provided indoors. Also make sure that access to the outdoor learning environment is available to children throughout the day.
As you can see, Ofsted take outd