Above "Jane" - one of the two 15-inch guns at Wanstone Farm Battery in WWII
The two 15" guns 'Clem' and 'Jane' were situated at Wanstone Farm, between St.Margarets and Dover, The Admiralty supplied the guns, mountings and power plants while the War Office took charge of all the building work, including laying the railway track to the site. The mountings were built by February 1942 and although building at the site was hampered by the very cold weather, the first gun was in place on 20th April and the second a month later on 19th of May. The guns were handed over to the Army on that date and the site was manned by members of 540 Coast Regement.
The shells weighed up to 1cwt, loading and ramming were carried out mechanically, and movement of the guns was by electric motor, allowing them engage with enemy shipping on the move. Unlike the hydraulically operated guns as St.Margarets...Winnie and Pooh.
Above info taken from http://www.kenthistoryforum.co.uk